Dr. Barbara Brennan is a former NASA physicist. She received a B.S. degree in Physics in 1962 and an M.S. degree in Atmospheric Physics in 1964 from the University of Wisconsin in Madison.
She later embarked on the studies of the human energy field, which included:
- 2-year program on Therapeutic Counseling at the Community of the Whole Person in Washington, D.C.
- 3-year program on Core Energetics at the Institute of Core Energetics in NYC
- 5-year program on Spiritual Healership at the Phoenicia Pathwork Center in Phoenicia, NY
She became a Pathwork Helper and Core Energetics therapist. In 1977, she developed her own private healing practice, which included establishing training programs to teach others.
In 2001, she received a PhD in Philosophy from Greenwich University in Australia and a Doctorate in Theology from Holos University.
Dr. Brennan has devoted the last 35 years to research and exploration of the human energy field. She is a world-renown healer and author of the best-seller book, HANDS OF LIGHT -- A GUIDE TO HEALING THROUGH THE HUMAN ENERGY FIELD.
"I can tell you that anything that happens in the physical body will happen in the pattern of the energy fields first. The body is a self-healing organism, so it's really about clearing things out of the way so the body can heal itself." Barbara Brennan
In her book, HANDS OF LIGHT, Dr. Brennan describes a 7-layer model of the human energy field.
1) Etheric/Vital Energy Body
- exists up to 2 inches from the human body
- a blueprint containing all the structures in the body
- provides life, health, vitality
- maintains the yin/yang balance
- is expressed by physical sensations, such as pain or pleasure
2) Emotional Energy Body
- exists 1 to 3 inches from the physical body
- the body's consciousness
- flow of emotional energy
- is expressed as emotions, such as fear, love, hatred
- observed as bright colors, changing and shifting with emotional states
3) Mental Energy Body
- exists 3 to 8 inches from the physical body
- structured body of consciousness
- is expressed in terms of thought, images
- observed as structured layers of yellow lines
4) Astral Energy Body
- exists 6 to 12 inches from the physical body
- formless, shapeless zone
- provides imagination and psychic ability
- dreams, desires, fantasies, visions, hallucinations
- observed as shapeless colors as in the emotional body, infused with the rose light of love
5) Etheric Template Body
- exists 12 to 24 inches from the physical body
- spiritual plane
- expresses a higher will
- acts as a blueprint for the energy body
- those who fail are weak in this layer of the energy field
- observed as a space where the body would be and density where space would be
6) Celestial Energy Body
- exists 24 to 30 inches from the physical body
- feelings of joy and unconditional love
- spiritual ecstasy
- observed as beautiful shimmering light
7) Ketheric Template Body
- exists 30 to 42 inches from the physical body
- creative thoughts
- higher knowledge
- spiritual inspiration
- overall shaped like an egg
- forming a template of the inner energy bodies
- observed as fine threads of golden-silver light
"All suffering is caused by the illusion of separateness, which generates fear and self-hatred, which eventually causes illness. You are the master of your life. You can do much more than you thought you could, including cure yourself of a terminal illness." Barbara Brennan
Dr. Barbara Brennan's 2nd book is LIGHT EMERGING -- THE JOURNEY OF PERSONAL HEALING in which she describes the dimension of intentionality, called "hara" -- the foundation of the human energy field, as seen by the human aura.
The hara is a property that holds the human body in material manifestation until the "life purpose" is fulfilled. When the hara is healthy, the person acts effortlessly to fulfill their life purpose.
Thus, healing the intentionality of the individual (the hara) also heals the human energy field, thereby healing the physical body.
* * *
Perhaps the emotion that breaks your heart is also the one able to heal it.
The human energy field is an indicator of wellness. Alternative forms of healing that stimulate the energy fields have become popular and main stream in many circles.
The soul expresses itself through the physical body, ethereal energy body and mental capacity. Your wellness is in your own hands.
“What drains your spirit drains your body. What fuels your spirit fuels your body.” Carolyn Myss
Bret Burquest is the author of 11 books. He lives in the Ozark Mountains with a few dogs and where self-healing is an inside-out process.